Last updated: May 14, 2018
Terms and conditions
The Rental Application Website (the "Website") is operated by the Corporation des propriétaires immobilier du Québec inc. ("CORPIQ", or "we"). The Website offers to its users (the "User" or "you") an online platform that allows you to make a Rental Request and transmit the information collected to ProprioEnquête®.
This Agreement is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws applicable in the province of Quebec, without regard to the principle of conflict of laws.
"Rental Application" refers to both the entity that operates the Website, the application, the service offered or a combination of all or part of the above definitions;
"Content" means all the textual information and visual elements (photos, videos, logos) used on the Rental Application
"Owner" means the person who uses the services as the owner or the person duly authorized by a building owner (such as a delegate or manager);
"Tenant" and "Tenant Candidate" refer to the person using the Rental Application to find a rental unit;.
"Services": Through the Rental Application platform, you have access to various resources, collectively referred to as "Services". Services, including updates, enhancements, new features, or the addition of new Web properties, are subject to the Terms of Service.
To register and use the Services, you must:
- provide true, accurate, up-to-date and complete information at all times;
- be at least 18 years of age or a minor who seeks housing for the purpose of meeting his or her standard needs;
- do not use the service on behalf of a person other than yourself, unless you have written permission from the owner (if he or she has appointed you as an agent);
- in the event that you are acting for a partnership or a corporation, to declare and guarantee that you are duly authorized to enter into this Agreement;
- not using someone else's account and password or attempting to access another person's account;
- provide personal, payment or other information that CORPIQ deems necessary to provide the Services.
You may use the Services only in the manner and under the conditions described herein and in accordance with applicable laws. Any use for the purpose of republishing, rebroadcasting, reselling or otherwise exploiting the content is prohibited..
You will be solely responsible for any loss, damage or additional costs that you, CORPIQ or any other person may incur due to the fact that you have provided false, inaccurate, incorrect or incomplete information or because of your failure to provide information about your user account and your payment information.
The User agrees to compensate CORPIQ for any amount that it may be required to pay as damages for any act or omission attributable to the User.
User account and security identifiers
Some of the features available on the Website require registration. When this is the case, you agree to provide all truthful and up-to-date information about yourself, and to update this information promptly if necessary to ensure that it remains accurate and complete. You also acknowledge that you are responsible for:
- maintaining the confidentiality of the passwords you choose or are assigned to you following your registration;
- any activity that takes place under your username or password;
- leaving the site securely and logging-off your account at the end of each session;
- changing your password immediately if the confidentiality of the password is compromised;
- immediately notifying CORPIQ of any unauthorized use of your username or password.
When you create a user account, you confirm that the email address you provide and your user account are active addresses to which you agree to receive any material intended for you that will be sent to you through of the Services and confirm that the transmission of a document to that address or to your user account will result in a presumption of receipt by you.
Terms of Services
CORPIQ may modify and expand the Services and the Website without notice.
CORPIQ aims to ensure optimal access and the highest possible availability of services. CORPIQ cannot however guarantee uninterrupted access to the Services and the Website or the availability of public networks, and reserves the right to interrupt the provision of the Services and access to them and to the Website, in particular in the following cases:
- For the maintenance of the Services, including updates;
- For the improvement and installation of new features;
- For the verification and audit of the proper functioning and use of the Services;
- In case of breakdown or risk of failure.
- CORPIQ reserves the right to define a maximum amount of disk space and a maximum amount of Content that you can store on its servers.
Use of services
You agree not to do any of the following when you use the services:
- Use communication services in conjunction with polls, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, spam or recurring or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise).
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as the right to privacy and the right of publicity) of others.
- Publish, post, upload to the server, distribute or disseminate inappropriate, hateful, profane, defamatory, obscene, indecent or unlawful subjects, names, material or information.
- Uploading or otherwise making available files containing images, photos, software or other material protected by intellectual property laws, including, for example, and not limited to, copyright laws, copyrights or trademarks (or by the right to privacy or the right of publicity).
- Use any material or information, including images or photos that is made available through the Services in any manner that infringes a copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or other property right of a party.
- Upload files containing viruses, Trojans, worms, logic bombs, message-canceling robots, corrupted files, or other similar software or programs that may corrupt the operation of the server, computer of a third party or the property of a third party.
- Violate any code of conduct or other guidelines applicable to a particular communication service.
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about other people, including e-mail addresses.
- Violate applicable laws or regulations.
- Create a false identity in order to deceive other people.
- Use, download or otherwise copy, or provide (for a fee or free of charge) to a person or entity a directory of users of the Services or any other information relating to users or use or any portion of such information.
Communications between users
The Rental Application website is a service from which prospective tenants and owners communicate with each other. CORPIQ declines all responsibility regarding the content of these communications. CORPIQ is not party to the contracts that may occur between users of the Website. CORPIQ is therefore not responsible for losses or claims related to these contracts, or for any other damage that may result from the use of the Website or the actions of other users of the Service.
Under no circumstances may users use e-mails from the Rental Request to advertise, sell or otherwise solicit for goods or services other than those provided by the service.
In accordance with the conditions set out in the ProprioEnquête® protocol, the Rental Application must, in all cases, be signed by the prospective tenant to obtain personal information concerning them.
To use ProprioEnquête®, the Rental Request form completed by the prospective tenant must specify the date on which the signature was affixed. The user has 14 days to complete the screening from the date indicated on the form. At the end of this period, the consent is no longer valid and the use of ProprioEnquête® becomes prohibited in this case, unless a new consent form is obtained from the candidate.
Transmission to ProprioEnquête®
The user agrees to use only the form Request for rental completed by a prospective tenant. The user is responsible for ensuring that the information on the Rental Application form submitted to ProprioEnquête® is accurate, complete and clear.
In order to corroborate the personal information entered on the form by a prospective tenant, the user must demand that he / she present a valid photo ID. If any information is missing or the level of concordance with the results is not sufficient, ProprioEnquête® will send the user only the predictive score generated by the query result, without any other information that may contain personal information. The last address on the 's credit file may not be the same as the one on the Rental Application form. Users should always ask the to enter at least the last two addresses on the form.
Use of Propriolocation for discriminatory purposes
The Propriolocation platform is established in order to respect the Quebec Charter of Human Rights and Freedoms concerning equal access to housing regardless of race, color, religion, sex, identity or gender expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy or parental leave, marital status, ethnic or national origin, age (except to the extent provided by law), political beliefs, language, social condition, disabilities or the means to compensate for these disabilities. The condition for a candidate is to be able to fulfill their financial responsibilities. Consequently, ProprioLocation users are prohibited from discriminating based on the personal characteristics of a prospective tenant or any other person when using this platform.
Some Services are offered free of charge to the User, while other Services are payable. The User agrees to read the pricing and pay the fees, when applicable, in accordance with the conditions stated on the Website, including in the event of a failure of the Website while the service has been rendered..
Your mobile operator may charge a fee for data, text messages, or other communications made on its network as part of the use of the Rental Application Service, for which CORPIQ assumes no liability. CORPIQ recommends its users to check with their mobile operator to determine the exact charges related to the use of the Rental Request service.
You agree not to copy, distribute, display, broadcast or reproduce any information on the Website without prior written authorization from CORPIQ. All articles, texts, illustrations, images, photographs, information, clips, software and codes available on the Website, including the manner in which the content is presented, are protected by Canadian and foreign laws, in particular in matters of copyright and belong to the CORPIQ.
"CORPIQ" is a trademark used by the Corporation des propriétaires immobiliers du Québec to identify the Website, the service and the related business. You agree not to use the brand without the prior written consent of CORPIQ.
Disclaimer and Warranty Exclusion
CORPIQ, its suppliers, its partners as well as their directors, managers, employees, consultants will in no way be held responsible for any damage arising in any way from access to or use of the Website..
CORPIQ does not guarantee the accuracy or conformity of the Content posted on the Website, and you acknowledge that you are aware that the Content submitted by the users of the Website is published as is, without prior verification.
CORPIQ is not responsible for any failure to provide the Services, including any failure, disruption, interruption, delay, planned or otherwise, intentional or otherwise, which may limit the access or use of the Website temporarily or permanently.
You acknowledge that CORPIQ is not responsible for events beyond its control, including, but not limited to, acts of God, war, insurrection, riots, terrorism, criminality, labor shortages (including lawful and unlawful strikes ), embargoes, disruption of communications, unavailability of payment processors, lack of infrastructure, or any other event beyond the control of CORPIQ.
CORPIQ reserves the right to terminate this Agreement and / or revoke your right to use the Website or any part of it, as well as any other authorization granted to you under this Agreement, at any time without cause and without notice, at its sole discretion. You agree that at the request of CORPIQ, you will take immediate steps to stop any use of the Rental Application and retrieve your content within a maximum of thirty (30) days of the termination.
You may not assign your rights and / or obligations under this Agreement to another party without the prior written consent of CORPIQ. CORPIQ may assign its rights and / or obligations under this Agreement to any other party at its discretion.
Collection and use of your information
At the time of registration, personal information is collected for identification purposes, be it your name, mailing address, geolocation data, or any other information deemed relevant to provide the Services. This information, of a private nature, will only be used for the purposes of providing the Services and will only be disclosed in accordance with this Agreement.
When you visit the Website, CORPIQ obtains non-identifying information, such as IP address, referral URL, browser, operating system, cookie information and Internet service provider. This information helps CORPIQ in its analysis of user browsing habits in order to improve the Website. This information may be collected in aggregate and shared, but will not disclose your identity or personal information, nor will it allow recipients to communicate with you. It is also possible to disable the function of cookies by changing the settings of your browser.
Real estate information
All information on the Website regarding your real estate assets will not be disclosed to third parties. They will only be used for the purpose of offering you the Services. Use.
CORPIQ uses this information for the purpose of:
- Providing Services;
- Improving the user experience;
- Collecting statistics;
- Effectively processing the operation and transactions of the Website;
- Notifying you of updates, information and changes, including the e-newsletter and notifications of changes to this Agreement;
- Performing any other action necessary to protect the security or to ensure the proper functioning of the Website;
CORPIQ keeps your information for as long as it reasonably needed for the purposes of rendering the Services or as required by law.